I’ve tried to get this post together now for over a few weeks. The draft was all cozy in the corner, patiently waiting for all of my thoughts to come together on it until two things happened yesterday. The first being that I finally had the 30th follower on my blog…
Yes I’m coming up in this world now, you can say it 🙂
Well that was kind of a big deal to me! Secondly the lovely blogger who granted me thine award announced that she is closing up shop on her blog which I’ve loved so much. The good news though is that she has started another one which I am happy to hear.
So all of this change around here struck up the fire to get this post completed. And this is how it all began:
I was reading one of my favorite blogs one afternoon to find that she had been the recipient of this VBA, or Versatile Blogger Award as it’s known. While fully enjoying her seven interesting facts and story about her nomination, I then got to her list of nominee blogs. Skimming over them to see if there were any I’d recognize, I skimmed right past Tethered Butterfly… did a double take and then thought, ‘oh yeah, I’m Tethered Butterfly!!’ I almost missed it! Seriously I was rubbing my eyes like maybe I had just made it up in my head because it’s what I hoped to see, but really I didn’t. My eyes did not deceive me however.
So I want to thank Fish Out of Water for that! It was SO super sweet of her to think of this blog as a candidate. I haven’t been a blogger for very long so it’s a pretty cool feeling, and I will gladly accept the nomination. Especially coming from her. I’ll say you must check out her blog while it’s still up and running. She’s had some really sweet posts and ideas during her homeschool journey that she recently embarked on with her son. And she’s super funny!! But you might also want to cruise over to her latest addition as well (Sincerely, Slapdash)
For anyone who didn’t already know, including myself, there is this award/nomination called The Versatile Blogger Award in which a blog gets nominated by another blogger to receive. In order to accept the award, the new nominee must proceed with the following rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Sounds easy enough, but the list of 7 things was really driving me nuts!! I guess I’ll start with the seven things and save the juicy list of nominees for last. 🙂
1. Ok, I despise being in airplanes and elevators. They both give me horrible anxiety, it’s dreadful. Maybe it was an experience in a past life or something, to me I associate the word disaster with both. I avoid them when possible!!
2. I have a crazy memory, remembering things about my life since the age of 3. And not just traumatic events like when I had a tortilla chip lodged in my throat around that age and the answer was to go take a nap so that it “might” become dislodged… I also remember saying good-bye and giving a hug to my first best friend in kindergarten on the day before my family moved to the town I grew up in. I don’t recall her name, but I remember the look we exchanged as I walked away from her. It was a loss I never knew before.
3. My biggest food weakness is a chocolate chip cookie, approximately 2 minutes after leaving the oven. Warm, gooey, practically falling apart as I eat it… followed by a glass of milk. HEAVEN!!!
mmmmmm… Just writing about it makes me want one this minute!!
4. I really, really feel drawn away from the ‘city’ life and would love to go own a bunch of cute chickens and live on a farm. Like REALLY!!! I am so over the crowded fast-paced world.
Maybe I’ll just own a chicken and walk it in the city…apparently I have options.
5. My favorite song to whistle is Strangers in the Night. Don’t ask me why, it’s been stuck in my head since I can remember… just the first tune that wants to come out of me. It’s a fun one though, you should try it!
6. I have this opinion… I sincerely think we should have stayed in the 90’s. Before computers, cell phones and iAnything’s were all we obsess about, before you couldn’t walk into any public place without seeing dozens of ear buds practically glued into the ears of everyone drowning out any normal bit of conversation that is left of civilization as we know it. Okay maybe I’m exaggerating, but really it just seems like life was so much simpler back then, when you couldn’t even squeeze a cell phone into your back pocket, let alone text without having to decode some upside-down code numbers on a pager. It’s really that lack of convenience that has drawn us to the uber-convenient-gotta-have-it-this-second needs of today’s world. Now is the fact that my argument resides here in my blog, which I’m conveniently typing on my computer failing my point? Oh well I tried. Good-bye forever Zack Morris..
7. I take chances. I’m not going to hold it against myself someday that laughing and whistling gave me wrinkles in the worst spots…at least I have something to show for being happy and joyful… and though I fear dying from cancer as it runs in the family, I do not fear taking chances in this life. The chance to fail, or succeed or love or to hurt in my life is what never ceases to provide such growth.
Now for the nominees (In my best announcer voice). Pardon me if any of my nominees were already nominated before! These are in no special order I suppose 🙂
The Happy Wife The sweet story time capsule of my sister’s beautiful family! She’s an amazing mommy capturing the memories!
Sticky Mud I don’t know where to begin to describe the amazing mind that is A Thousand Petals.. You HAVE to see for yourself!!
Cultfit Yes I love this blog, I’ve linked it before. The inspiration, motivation and humor put into such a unique perspective on fitness is unmatched in my book! It’s a daily dose that gets me through my week!
Happy Together Creates The first blog I ever set creative eyes on.. it’s a treasure of ideas!
Rocket Creek The super sweet and creative homeschool mama that I enjoy so many ideas from!
The Pioneer Woman Two words… SUPER WOMAN. She does it all, and does it all so well. You probably already know who she is if you watch the Food Network 🙂 Yes she is quite beyond a VBA from little ol’ me, but I have to put her on my list!!
Home Grown Families from book reviews, to giveaways and DIY it’s a great collaborative blog!
Cooperative Catalyst the other side of teaching.. and for changing education. Many contributor’s= many minds= many points of view ranging from students to teachers/faculty. Quite interesting!!
Ross Mountney’s Notebook writing’s about family life, parenting and educating. I was so happy to find her wealth of knowledge.
Learnin’ on the River A lovely blog about learnin’ on the Mississippi!! Simple, direct, and fun..I love it!
Embracing the Mundane A great blog that I found some awesome inspiration from..creative and organizational.
Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss What a fun style she has, and some very unique design inspiration. The ‘eye’ that I try to have when it comes to design!
Tip Junkie Another one beyond this award, but seriously it’s the best place to go for anything you can think of when it comes to ideas, Diy, recipe’s, organization… seriously anything!!!
Mission Impossible Quite frankly, she is a woman “on a mission” and she has a beautiful blog I recently came upon which she does this through. All things parenting/homemaking/schooling etc.
Homeschooling Helicopter Mama what another sweet blog of a homeschooling journey. She has little ones too which I find so inspiring that she does so much with all of them!!
WOW!! So that does it I guess… A lot of work for one blog award without even a wall plaque. I guess the blog button will have to do. 🙂 Also here is a link to the Versatile Blogger Award page for more information if needed!